Honeywell is seeking a highly motivated entry level Human Factors Engineer for our Phoenix, AZ location. In this position, the candidate will work with cross functional teams of engineers responsible for developing, implementing, testing, and certifying state-of-the-art flight decks for a variety of new and existing aircraft.
The Human Factors engineering group provides opportunities for career development in a variety of areas. Such as: customer interactions, requirements capture, pilot evaluations, product group interactions, systems validation, customer onsite testing, customer flight testing, Advanced Technology evaluations, and certification compliance. This current position is for Human Factors engineering in support of certifications of the Primus Epic, Apex, and AeroVue integrated flight decks.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Following verbal instructions via headset.
• Helping with system requirements definition and validation. • Support development Evaluation Plans. • Support System bench testing for data collection and analysis. • Support the creation of test procedures and evaluate test data. • Help create the related certification documentation necessary for FAA approval. • The candidate must focus on the importance of customer responsiveness, meeting program milestones on schedule, and minimizing cost and cycle time while improving product quality. • Candidate should have good communications skills and be able to work well in a team environment with a variety of people in various roles. • Ability to share technical knowledge with project team, supervisor, and other engineering disciplines and report progress and technical problems to program and/or engineering lead. • Work on efficiency initiatives and complete a green belt project
• Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Psychology, from an accredited college or university. • Due to export control restrictions, must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident. • Due to Flight Testing safety, candidate must obtain at least a third class airman medical certification
• Must complete the highest level of education no more than 12 months prior to hire date.
• Master's degree in Human Factors, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Psychology emphasis degrees are a plus • GPA of 3.0 or higher is a plus • Ability to quickly learn how to use software tools • Interpersonal skills to work with cross-functional teams • Assertiveness at asking questions and gathering information from the team • Promote customer satisfaction with capability to establish effective working relationships with internal customers • Self-starter, ability to work independently and able to work as a team player • Ability to perform multiple tasks with some supervisory oversight • Familiarity with FAA compliance aspects: DOT/FAA/TC-13/44 • Knowledge of Honeywell Flight Decks, a plus • Private Pilot license, a plus • Ground School is a plus • Military Officer leadership experience, a plus
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
2 openings. Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Business Unit Overview
Honeywell International is a $40 billion diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; automotive products; turbochargers; and specialty materials. From manufacturer to consumer, pilot to passenger, homebuilder to homeowner, and physician to pa...tient, Honeywell technologies improve people's lives in their homes, communities, workplace and travels. With over 120,000 employees in 100 countries, people are our ultimate differentiator. Our employees share a passion for exceeding customer expectations, learning and development and community involvement. For additional information, please visit www.honeywell.com.