| Sonalysts is seeking an innovator and problem solver to lead our Dayton, OH-based software development efforts. As a lead software engineer in our Dayton office, you will have both technical and business development responsibilities. From a technical perspective, you will have opportunities to solve challenging software problems using established and leading-edge technologies. When the focus shifts to business development, you will have the opportunity to grow your team by demonstrating how Sonalysts can deliver value to our customers. The successful candidate will be an innovator who is able to lead small teams of software engineers, using Agile or traditional software development models, to architect and develop software solutions for complex military and commercial systems. Moreover, the chosen candidate will have demonstrated an ability to communicate clearly and effectively in person and in writing. |
- Leading multidisciplinary software and systems engineering teams in support of defense and commercial system development projects
- Developing and validating novel software for leading-edge research projects
- Integrating research software into production systems
- Incorporating Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS) technologies into solutions for large-scale systems
- Communicating the results of completed projects
- Developing proposals and associated material to capture new work
What You Need To Bring To The Table (Required Qualifications):
- Statement of U.S. citizenship clearly stated in your cover letter or resume
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical area; preference will be given to candidates with a Ph.D.
- 6 or more years of current software application development experience
- Experience applying artificial intelligence, machine learning, or data mining
- Knowledge of a variety of software languages and technologies (C++ / C#, Microsoft Visual Studio 2015, etc.)
- Experience in developing performance support systems (e.g., training, modeling and simulation, decision support, adaptive automation)
- Experience managing system/software development teams
- Demonstrable written and oral communications skills
Desired, but not required, experience:
- Military service, especially within the Air Force
- Experience working within the Air Force Research Laboratory Environment
- Working within a defined (i.e., CMMI Level 3 or greater) software development process
- Experience with various development models (e.g., Agile, Waterfall)
- Information assurance certifications; secure coding
- U.S. Department of Defense security clearance
What’s In It for You:
- Working on a diverse set of challenging and innovative projects.
- The ability to start on the ground floor and be part of growing a powerful and respected presence in the Dayton Region.
- The opportunity to control your own fate through hard work and innovation.
- Becoming an integral part of an innovative, employee-owned company, which provides a full range of benefits including paid vacation time, tuition reimbursement program, health and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), and 401(k) plan
Please verify U.S. citizenship in your resume or cover letter. Resumes without a statement verifying U.S. citizenship will not be considered.
Send resume to Sonalysts, Inc., 215 Parkway North, Waterford, CT 06385; firstname.lastname@example.org, Reply to Ad 1417.
Sonalysts, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, disability, or other basis protected by law.
Drug Testing Employer www.sonalysts.com